May 1, 2020
Dear Newark Smiles Patients,
After a long 7 weeks off, we are finally able to re-open our office! We have been closed since March 16th due to the Corona virus pandemic, but we will soon be allowed to reopen! Our first day back will be Monday May 4th. While Governor DeWine stated dental office will be allowed to open "full steam ahead", there will be significant changes to our daily operations as well as many limitations on how many patients will be allowed in the office at the same time. We will also be taking additional precautions to keep our patients and staff safe when we reopen. Some of the new changes include:
- Decreasing the number of patients seen at one time
- Only the patient will be allowed in the office with a maximum of 1 adult per child under the age of 12 (if necessary)
- We ask all patients and accompanying adults in the office to wear a mask or face covering.
- We ask you to remain in your vehicle when you arrive and phone our office. A staff member will greet you at your vehicle with a questionnaire and take the patient's temperature (if the patient's temperature exceeds 100.4 F the appointment will need to be rescheduled) and our staff will then escort the patient into our office.
- All appointments will be rescheduled over the phone instead of at the front desk.
- If the patient or anyone in their household has symptoms such as a fever, cough, or respiratory issues, etc. or has been exposed to COVID19 please cancel your appointment and reschedule once you have been symptom free for 2 week period of quarantine. Also, if you have traveled out of state in the last 14 days please wait to be seen after the 14 day waiting period.
- Our plan is to be as efficient as possible when we return, but please be patient with us as we try to accommodate the large number of patients with the new limitations. We will be calling all patients that missed their appointments during the closure.
We have missed seeing ALL of you and look forward to your next visit!
Dr. Shayer Shah & Dr. Emily Hutchins and staff
March 31, 2020
The Ohio Dental Association (ODA) and Ohio State Dental Board (OSDB) have asked dentists to do what we can to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We are following their recommendations. We have been asked to reschedule elective procedures. We are only able to see emergency patients for pain, swelling or trauma related to help our local emergency rooms and urgent cares facilities.
We are allowing our staff to stay home to stay safe but we are monitoring ALL messages throughout the day. If you have a dental emergency, please call Dr. Shah directly at 614-668-9794.
Our goal is to follow our Governor, ODA and OSDB guidelines but to also be available for our patients in the safest way possible!
Drs. Shayer Shah & Emily Hutchins and staff